Pay Range $2480 - $3600/Month
Position: full-time, part-time
Definition: Under supervision of the Office Manager; perform a variety of functions in receiving and processing service requests; perform recordkeeping work in maintaining and updating billing accounts; receive and answers questions concerning the delivery of services and status of accounts; does related clerical work of average complexity as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The duties listed below are illustrative only and are not meant to be a complete and exhaustive listing of all of the duties and responsibilities of the classification.
- Answers the telephone and greets office visitors, providing a wide range of information or referring them to other staff.
- Receives and responds to inquiries about District service; answers a variety of questions related to accurate meter reading. high consumption, delinquent accounts, turn-ons, turn-offs, non-reads, and general billing questions.
- Receives, processes and accounts for billing payments.
- Takes applications and deposits for water service and explain rates and services to the customer.
- Sets up new customer accounts and refers new metered services to the Office Manager.
- Track and process delinquent accounts and payment arrangements.
- Operates computer to perform data entry and Microsoft word and Excel spreadsheet software, and the ability to learn comprehensive CUSI customer billing program.
- Operates adding machines, copiers and a variety of office equipment
- Adds and checks columns of figures and makes basic arithmetical computations.
- Prepares bank deposits.
- Perform filing and basic recordkeeping.
- Opens and forwards mail to the Office Manager.
- Performs general tasks as directed.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the necessary knowledge and abilities.
He/she should be proficient in using excel and work computer software, use a 10-key calculator by touch. Have knowledge of; methods, practices and terminology used in clerical work; and, office methods, practices and procedures.
He/she should have the ability to; make arithmetical calculations accurately, operate office equipment; understand and carry out oral and written directions; sit for extended periods of time; and maintain cooperative relations with those contacted in the course of work.